How to ride the bus
- The Trip Planner: Use this option if you have no idea where the buses go. It will suggest the best routes based on your origin and destination.
- The Bus Maps: Use these if you are already familiar with the buses and you want more information on a specific route.
- The Bus Guide Book: It's published by the Municipalidad (you can pick one up at iTur in Parque Calderon). It's has good info (in Spanish only).
Each route has specific hours of operation. In general, they run from 6:30am until 10:00pm on weekdays. Weekends and holidays have shorter schedules. They pass each Bus Stop (Parada) on their route about every 15 minutes. Click on a map for more details.
2. BOARDING THE BUS
The Bus Stops are blue and say "Parada de BUS". Everyone boards at the front door and must exit at the rear. When you see your bus coming, double-check the sign in the window to make sure it's the one you're looking for. Even the signs can be confusing! So, if in doubt, ask the driver or be adventurous and just get on. The city isn't very big and you might discover a new place!
- Seats at the front are reserved for seniors and people with disabilities. Be kind and oblige them.
- Sometimes the buses get packed like sardine cans! So, if you can find a seat near the back it'll be easier to get off at your stop.
3. PAYING YOUR FARE
- Some say it's safer to sit close to the driver and in an aisle seat. There have been robberies on the buses. So, don't ride late at night and be aware of your belongings.
Every ride is 25 cents. Have exact change ready, the drivers won't make change for you. You can also buy a bus pass and refill it with funds as you like. They sell them at tiendas with the "Urbania" sign in the window. The card has a one time cost of $1.70 and you can add funds to it as you go.
4. GETTING OFF THE BUS
Push the red button at the back door and if it doesn't work, shout,·"Para, por favor!".·
Every ride is 25 cents. Have exact change ready, the drivers won't make change for you. You can also buy a bus pass and refill it with funds as you like. They sell them at tiendas with the·"Urbania"
sign in the window. The card has a one time cost of $1.70 and you can add funds to it as you go.